Tikatok Ticks On
Just over a year ago, I posted about working with the team at Tikatok to clarify their core values. Tikatok is a cool little entrepreneurial company that lives within Barnes & Noble. Tikatok describes itself on their website as “a fun world where kids create and share their own books.”
At the time, I noted that the five core values the team identified seemed powerful for a couple of reasons – they applied equally to relationships with customers and with each other, and they seemed like clarifications of an already-existing culture on the team, vs. something contrived or overly aspirational. Their values are:
1) (TRUST) We believe in our customers and each other.
2) (EMPATHY) We care and we build communities that care.
3) (PERSONAL IDENTITY) We encourage self-expression.
4) (ACHIEVING FULL POTENTIAL) We inspire everyone to achieve their full potential.
5) (HAPPINESS) We invite people to do what makes them happy.
I remember leaving the session feeling Sharon and her group had a great foundation for success.
Just today, Sharon sent me a link to an article in this month’s edition of Hemispheres, United Airlines inflight magazine. She and five other entrepreneurs are profiled as “innovators who promise to change the way we live.” I’m thrilled to see that Tikatok continues to thrive and grow – it reinforces my belief that people can do well by doing good.